The scope of professional services covers a broad range of jobs requiring high-calibre talent. Positions that fit into this category include legal jobs, graphic designers, investment bankers, art directors, and many more. If you need to recruit a candidate to fill one of these positions, your job descriptions must state the job’s roles, or your hiring process will be lengthy and costly.
Here we identify the roles and duties undertaken by professional services executives.
Investment Bankers should have a finance degree or several years of experience in this or a similar position. The best candidates can work well under pressure and bring quantitative and communication skills to the table.
Investment Banker roles and responsibilities:
- Researching market trends and reviewing financial information
- Overseeing mergers, acquisitions, and corporate expansions
- Issuing trade equity and debt to increase capital
- Preparing financial and legal documents for purchases, investments, and acquisitions
- Ensuring regulatory and legal compliance
- Supervising private equity and IPO settlements
View a complete Investment Banker Job Description here.
Bankers of the highest calibre hold a finance degree or professional banking qualifications. They should possess excellent sales and customer service skills, working with personal or business clients.
Banker roles and responsibilities:
- Performing ID checks and opening bank accounts
- Updating client details and cross-selling financial products
- Answering customer questions and resolving complaints
- Performing clerical duties such as data entry
- Authorising loans and overdrafts
- Handling cash and electronic transactions
View a complete Banker Job Description here.
Qualified Solicitors will have passed the Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE) or Legal Practice Course (LPC) and should hold a Bachelor’s degree in law.
Solicitor roles and responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice to businesses or individuals
- Preparing legal records and documentation
- Managing legal matters such as will preparation and real estate contracts
- Representing customers in court
- Conducting client consultations
- Researching legislation
View a complete Solicitor Job Description here.
Top Paralegal candidates will have a postgraduate degree or a diploma in law. They should be able to manage heavy caseloads and demonstrate excellent organisational and communicative skills.
Paralegal roles and responsibilities:
- Conducting legal research and getting cases ready for trial
- Drafting legal documents for solicitors, attorneys, and barristers
- Attending depositions and taking legal statements
- Maintaining accurate records and files
- Conducting clerical and administrative tasks as directed
View a complete Paralegal Job Description here.
Depending on their time of education, Lawyers should have a diploma in law and have passed the Legal Practice Course, or have a law degree and have passed the Solicitors Qualifying Examination.
Lawyer roles and responsibilities:
- Holding client consultations and advising them on their legal position
- Representing clients in court
- Research cases and preparing necessary legal documentation
- Collecting evidence and writing contracts
- Researching legislation relevant to cases
View a complete Lawyer Job Description here.
The duties of Project Coordinators include attending stakeholder meetings, preparing budgets and schedules, and ensuring projects are completed before their deadline. They may have a business degree or relevant work experience.
Project Coordinator roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with Project Managers to organise ongoing projects
- Monitoring work hours and expenditure
- Conducting stakeholder meetings
- Developing project frameworks and strategies
- Identifying and navigating risks
- Preparing documents and actioning project amendments
View a complete Project Coordinator Job Description here.
A Consultant should be a recognised expert in their field or industry and be highly adept at strategic thinking. They troubleshoot problems, analyse procedures, and recommend improvements.
Consultant roles and responsibilities:
- Analysing company strategies, procedures, and goals
- Providing management with project support
- Developing business strategies to address problems
- Conducting research and analysing data
- Maintaining up to date industry knowledge and trends
View a complete Consultant Job Description here.
The duties of an Actuary include business planning through statistical analysis and risk assessment. Ideal applicants will have a mathematics or actuary science degree.
Actuary roles and responsibilities:
- Preparing businesses or government bodies to lessen the impact of various events
- Collating and processing large sets of data to determine risks
- Calculating the financial impact of events
- Creating reports and predictive models
- Refining strategies to reduce costs and risks
- Reporting to stakeholders, clients, and managers
View a complete Actuary Job Description here.
Art Directors lead creative teams and designers, ensuring advertising and creations have brand and target audience appeal. They may have a degree in graphic design or marketing.
Art Director roles and responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients to determine visual needs and project strategies
- Setting art department goals, budgets, and deadlines
- Providing updates and presenting the final ad campaigns
- Hiring design staff and conducting performance reviews
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise
- Ensuring all design elements are conducive to the client’s vision
View a complete Art Director Job Description here.
The most successful Contract Managers have significant negotiating and inventory planning experience. They may hold relevant qualifications such as a business administration degree.
Contract Manager roles and responsibilities:
- Sourcing vendors and negotiating deals and contracts
- Scheduling the delivery of services and stock
- Ensuring supplier contracts comply with regulations and company policies
- Auditing existing contracts for compliance
- Identifying vendors that provide the highest quality
View a complete Contract Manager Job Description here.
A suitable Chief Of Staff should have significant industry and managerial experience coupled with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business management or similar. They act as a buffer to the CEO, resolving issues and mediating disputes to avoid escalation.
Chief Of Staff roles and responsibilities:
- Directing financial, administrative, and operational activities
- Approving policies and procedures
- Coaching and mentoring staff and providing advice to senior managers and the CEO
- Gathering departmental information and providing reports that recommend a business direction
- Creating strategic initiatives and staying abreast of market trends
View a complete Chief Of Staff Job Description here.
A great Graphic Designer will have a strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates a creative flair and a strong eye for composition. They often hold a graphic design degree or a foundation diploma in art, design, and visual communication.
Graphic Designer roles and responsibilities:
- Developing designs for web pages, print media, and advertising using computer software
- Planning concepts and illustrative designs
- Coordinating actions with other teams and outside agencies
- Working simultaneously on multiple projects
- Preparing finished art for client approval
View a complete Graphic Designer Job Description here.
View all job descriptions here.