Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Account Executive Job Description
Account Executives work in many fields and help grow their companies by generating leads, closing sales, supporting existing clients, formulating sales strategies and communicating product value to clients.
We are actively looking for an Account Executive who can recognise opportunities and convert leads in to long-lasting partnerships. With your extensive product knowledge and understanding of industry trends, you will be expected to communicate directly with clients and prospects, understand their individual needs and recommend products or services that maximise value. As Account Executive, you will also assist in developing sales strategies and establishing quotas. We expect you to be adaptable, knowledgeable multi-tasker with strong computer and communication skills.
To deliver results as an Account Executives will be skilled communicators and presenters who can find the best fit between client and product. Suitable candidates will be organised, passionate about client relations, and focused on enhancing the buyer experience.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Provide support for clients by learning about and satisfying their needs.
- Make cold calls or reaching out to prospects.
- Follow up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met.
- Present and demonstrate the value of products and services to prospective buyers.
- Compile and analyse data to find trends.
- Developing sales strategies and setting quotas.
- Stay current on company offerings and industry trends.
- Maintain a database of contact information.
- Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Handle complaints and negotiations.
Account Executive Requirements:
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of company offerings and industry trends.
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process.
- Strong time management skills.
- Computer skills, especially MS Office and CRM software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Some sectors may require additional certifications or licenses.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template