1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Accounting Specialist Job Description
Accounting Specialists use receipts to verify and process transactions, record and analyse financial information, communicate with lenders, clients, and suppliers, and assist with daily, monthly and yearly accounting activities and projects.
We are actively searching for an Accounting Specialist to analyse information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, and lenders. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
To succeed as an Accounting Specialist, you should be committed to providing efficient, reliable support to accounting department members, other departments, and external parties. We expect you to be trustworthy, thorough, and courteous with excellent time management skills.
Accounting Specialist Responsibilities:
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Assist the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Communicate with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participate in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
Accounting Specialist Requirements:
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong math and research skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyse data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.