Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description
We are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk who will be responsible for handling our company’s bills and managing our accounts payable ledger. You will be tasked with receiving, opening, and logging invoices on the ledger, as well as other duties like bank reconciliation, accounts payable invoice and data entry, and expense report handling.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a good understanding of payments, the accounting process, and budgeting. You must also be capable of handling supervisory tasks when necessary.
Accounts Payable Clerk Responsibilities:
- General ledger journal entries and credit card and bank account reconciliation.
- Handling payments in an organised and timely manner.
- Accounts payable invoice and data entry.
- Development and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets.
- Internal credit card reconciliation when required.
- Sales and use tax returns.
- Ensuring imaging of invoice supporting documents is timely and accurately performed.
- Assisting with audit support as necessary.
- Assisting in streamlining the accounts payable process.
- Expense report handling.
- Working with account receivable clerk and others to resolve account issues when necessary.
Accounts Payable Clerk Requirements:
- Able to handle supervisory responsibility if necessary.
- Understanding of payments, accounting, and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks beyond general accounting.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced abilities with Excel.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template