Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Activities Assistant Job Description
Activities Assistants plan and facilitate social and recreational events and may work in a variety of environments, ranging from summer camps to nursing or retirement homes. These professional event planners may also be known as Activities Aides.
We are recruiting for positive, outgoing Activities Assistant to schedule and coordinate events. As Activities Assistant you will create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events in an effort to engage clients, residents, or patients. We require you to participants to get feedback, manage employees, volunteers and resources, and deliver fun, safe events while on time and under budget. You should be detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
To succeed working as an Activities Assistant, you should strive to stage entertaining, engaging activities that will appeal to the age and physical or emotional condition of the client. You should be observant, driven, creative, and caring.
Activities Assistant Responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Handle logistics to make the event possible, such as making phone calls, advertising, managing inventory and budgets, training and motivating volunteers or employees, and coordinating transportation.
- Implement activities that accommodate those with special needs.
- Observe participants at events and gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve events.
- Keep records regarding event planning resources, participant interest, and other notable information, such as injuries or behavioural incidents.
- Report medical concerns or observations.
- Ensure that events are well-provisioned, event staff are trained and prepared, and that the event takes place on time and within budget.
- Provide participants with instructions for the event.
- Adhere to and enforcing all safety procedures.
Activities Assistant Requirements:
- More education or experience with nursing, recreational activities, event planning, or related may be preferred.
- Job training and first-aid and CPR training may be necessary.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Physical fitness, ability to walk, dance, stand, lift, or meet other physical demands.
- Adaptability and strong organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent resource management, computer, record keeping, interpersonal, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and compassion when dealing with others, especially those who are sick, injured, elderly, or from different backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work when needed, especially evenings, weekends, or early mornings.
- Willingness to adhere to and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?