Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Activities Director Job Description
Activities Directors plan events that take place during leisure time. Though Activities Directors may conduct their duties across a multitude of environments, most work in facilities that house and/or care for elderly individuals.
We are searching for an engaging Activities Director to create and oversee the rollout of our activities program. Working as our Activities Director you will be expected to gauge individual interests, conceptualise appropriate activities and ensure the availability of all necessary resources. We also require you to analyse uptake to ensure that the program remains stimulating.
To deliver success in this role you should devise programs that are sensitive to differences in physical and cognitive abilities. Credible Activities Director will use their work as a vessel to promote the enjoyment and tranquillity that our space affords its occupants.
Activities Director Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with staff and clinicians to understand the ways in which activities can promote healing and belonging.
- Conduct needs assessments to ascertain physical, cognitive, and emotional abilities.
- Determine individual interests and expectations regarding leisure time.
- Determine and overseeing the use of available finances.
- Develop an activities program that is both sufficiently diverse and sensitive to our occupants’ requirements.
- Purchase or leasing supplies for all activities.
- Source, training, and monitoring the work of Activities Assistants.
- Advertise events well in advance of their scheduled times.
- Supervise and participate in events alongside staff and occupants.
- Compile reports that outline successes, constraints, and the way forward.
Activities Director Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience as an Activities Director for a similar group.
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of budgeting tools.
- Excellent program, event planning, and supervision skills.
- Upbeat, communicative, and empathic disposition.
- Committed to fostering well-being and fun.
- Willingness to avail yourself for occasional weekend work.
- Appropriate training and/or certification is highly advantageous.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template