Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Job Description
Acute Care Nurse Practitioners examine, diagnose and treat patients with serious illnesses or injuries. They assess patient conditions, educate patients and family members about medical options, prescribe medications and treatments and perform other duties to support patients.
We are hiring for a caring, talented Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to care for our patients who are dealing with critical conditions. As Acute Care Nurse Practitioner you may work in inpatient or outpatient care and will speak with our patients about their conditions, order and interpret diagnostic tests, and work with patients, families, and physicians to establish care plans. We expect you should be a skilled nurse practitioner with comprehensive knowledge of acute conditions, diagnostics, and treatments.
To excel working as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, you should be focused on providing high-quality care and support to patients and families. We expect you to be sympathetic, analytical, and knowledgeable.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Talk with patients to better understand their concerns, needs, conditions, and medical histories.
- Admit, discharge and doing scheduled rounds to check on patients.
- Perform examinations, order and interpret diagnostic tests, and going over results with patients or the physician, if necessary.
- Establish care or condition management plans, including prescribing medications or other treatments.
- Educate the patient and family members about medical conditions and courses of action.
- Keep records regarding patient history, condition, treatments, and progress.
- Alert physicians when conditions worsen or if abnormalities arise.
- Participate in the On-Call program, which may include working nights, holidays, and weekends.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Knowledge of acute conditions and treatments.
- Understand diagnostic tests and the ability to interpret test results.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and active listening skills.
- Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Alert, thorough, reliable, and calm under stress.
- Organised and attentive, especially when multitasking under pressure.
- Passionate and committed to providing high quality, sympathetic care, and service to patients.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate and a state license.
- Experience, additional certifications, or fluency in a second language may be preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?