Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Administrative Manager Job Description
Administrative Managers supervise administrative team members and ensure that daily office operations are performed in a seamless and efficient manner. These professionals can be known as Administration Managers.
We are recruiting for an Administrative Manager to oversee and manage our administrative department, operations and staff members. Working as Administrative Manager you will establish, evaluate and change department controls and systems, you will review reports and interpret data, and hire, train, monitor and direct employees while ensuring that the department and office operates efficiently and smoothly.
We expect you to handle office tasks or direct support staff members as they answer phones, collect and distribute mail, organise and store information or paperwork, set up meetings, and make travel arrangements.
To succeed as an Administrative Manager, you should commit to supporting the administrative staff members and improving department operations. You should be analytical, creative, organised, and detail-oriented.
Administrative Manager Responsibilities:
- Direct and evaluate administrative department operations and staff members to ensure the business operates in a smooth, efficient manner.
- Establish and enforce department regulations, guidelines, budgets, and timelines.
- Manage staff as they perform office tasks, which include answering phones, greeting and directing visitors, making arrangements for meetings or travel, and distributing mail.
- Develop, analyse, review, and implement administrative department systems and controls.
- Train, hiring, coaching, and leading support staff members.
- Create, review and report department data and using this information to solve potential problems or strengthen performance.
- Ensure that information and records are organised and stored in the proper manner.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, or replacement of office equipment and machines.
- Assist with the office space design and installation.
- Ensure that the office systems, controls, policies, procedures, and workspaces are in compliance with current regulations or legislation.
Administrative Manager Requirements:
- Ability to analyse information and develop effective solutions.
- Strong planning, critical thinking, problem solving, and task and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency office technology and equipment, such as computers, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and phone systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field may be preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template