Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Administrator Job Description
Administrators support office operations and leadership by keeping workspaces and information organised and accessible and handling many of the planning and clerical activities. These professionals may also be known as Office Administrators or Office Managers.
We are recruiting for a hard-working, attentive, efficient Administrator to provide consistent, courteous support for our leadership team and keep the office running smoothly and efficiently. As Administrator you will oversee administrative and clerical activities, greet and direct office visitors, collect, organise, store, and retrieve information and documents, make arrangements for meetings and travel, and handle basic office tasks, such as answering phones, updating employee, client, and company data, filing, and keeping a clean, welcoming environment. You may also supervise the administrative staff members and provide some bookkeeping services.
To succeed as an Administrator, you should be committed to facilitating smooth, efficient office operations by planning carefully, anticipating needs, and providing responsive, reliable assistance. You should be adaptable, proactive, supportive and detail-oriented.
- Support company leadership and supervise administrative department.
- Greet office visitors and directing them to the appropriate parties.
- Handle or delegate basic office tasks, such as filing, preparing meeting areas and presentation materials, delivering mail, answering emails and phone calls, and data entry.
- Coordinate schedules and managing calendars for multiple parties to ensure that activities are properly arranged and prevent conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements and preparing documents, presentation materials, and facilities for meetings.
- Enter and update the company, employee, and client records.
- Order, store and distribute office supplies and maintaining, repairing, or replacing office equipment.
- Direct, review and optimise office operations to increase accuracy, productivity and efficiency and reduce costs.
- Provide basic bookkeeping services.
- Experience in administrative services or related field.
- Exceptional time management, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, organised approach to multitasking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Professional appearance, courteous manner, and clear, friendly phone voice.
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure and successfully navigate or diffuse tense situations.
- Understanding of accounting principles and bookkeeping software may be required.
- Familiarity with office technology and equipment, including computers, fax machines, scanners, printers, phone systems, etc.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.