Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Admissions Counsellor Job Description
Admissions Counsellors may work at college level to promote colleges and universities, assist students as they tour, evaluate, interview with, and apply to colleges, and may take part in the admissions decision making process. They also represent their schools at recruiting events and maintain healthy alumni networks.
We are looking for an organised, engaging Admissions Counsellor who will connect students with the right schools, programs, and resources to help them get the most out of the college experience. The Admission Counsellor will meet with students to assess their academic standing and extracurricular activities, inform them about colleges, programs, and majors, and connect them with resources that will help them get into and pay for school. You will also conduct interviews, arranges for campus tours, conduct information sessions, and represent the school at college fairs or other recruiting or outreach initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you should be committed to learning more about the students you work with and how they may benefit from specific schools or programs. You should be knowledgeable, resourceful, and supportive with strong communication skills.
Admissions Counsellor Responsibilities:
- Assisting students in universities, colleges, and high schools to help them prepare for, select, and get into schools.
- Highlighting the benefits of specific schools, programs, and courses in order to attract students and encourage diversity on campus.
- Helping students choose courses and extracurricular activities that will help them get into their chosen colleges or careers after graduation.
- Staying current with school admission processes and requirements, school programs, majors, and courses, and developments in education and financial aid.
- Organising recruiting events and representing schools at college fairs, high schools, and other promotional opportunities.
- Conducting interviews, reviewing application materials, and assisting in the admissions decision making process.
- Arranging campus tours and conducting information sessions.
- Developing and maintaining an active alumni network to plan events, help students find opportunities in their fields, and obtain funding.
- Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources.
Admissions Counsellor Requirements:
- Experience in college admissions may be preferred.
- Familiarity with college and university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people reading skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay organised.
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions.
- Master’s degree in Education or relevant field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template