Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Advertising Sales Representative Job Description
Advertising Sales Representatives are employed by advertising companies, newspapers, magazines, trade journals, and broadcasting companies to persuade clients to purchase advertising products and services. They typically sell advertising space or air time and work to ensure that sales quotas are met.
We are hiring for a persuasive Advertising Sales Representative to convince potential clients to purchase advertising space and ensure that existing clients remain satisfied with our advertising products and services. The Advertising Sales Representative’s responsibilities include identifying clients’ needs, researching competitors’ advertising services, products, and prices, and responding to potential clients’ inquiries. You should also be able to provide clients with cost estimates of the products or services required.
To be successful working as an Advertising Sales Representative, you should demonstrate effective communication skills and be able to build rapport with clients. High performing Advertising Sales Representative should achieve excellent customer service and continually meet or exceed sales quotas.
Advertising Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Build and sustain long-lasting relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Conduct research on potential clients’ products or services and determining the geographic location of the majority of their target customers.
- Assist the marketing team in the preparation of media kits and promotional plans.
- Set up meetings with potential clients to present advertising proposals and address their concerns.
- Attend sales meetings, trade shows, and training workshops as required.
- Persuade clients to purchase company advertising products and services by communicating the benefits of various types of advertising.
- Provide recommendations on suitable formats, advertising mediums, and font sizes.
- Prepare sample advertisements for clients.
Advertising Sales Representative Requirements:
- Proven experience working as an Advertising Sales Representative.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of marketing principles and techniques.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Advertising, Communications, or related field is preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?