Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Art Director Job Description
Art Directors help develop ad campaigns by conducting research, coordinating with other members of the art department and designing cohesive, brand-specific initiatives that appeal to the target demographic.
We are actively searching for an Art Director who will be able to lead a team of artistic people and coordinate resources in an effort to create a unique ad campaign with the target audience in mind. As Art Director you will meet with clients and internal departments to discuss and establish project objectives, research current trends and the target demographic and design and troubleshoot the visual aspects of an ad campaign, from the initial planning stages until the finished campaign is presented to the client or company.
We expect you to possess an excellent understanding of graphic design concepts and software and excellent interpersonal skills. To excel as an Art Director, you should be a creative and communicative multitasker with exceptional project and time management skills. You require you to be punctual, perceptive, and detail-oriented with a great mind for developing and realising the vision of the campaign.
Art Director Responsibilities:
- Work with other members of the art department to evaluate client or company needs, develop project strategies, and create visual elements for ad campaigns.
- Speak with the company or client to set goals, provide updates, receive feedback, and present the final campaign.
- Conduct research to better understand brand objectives, target markets, and industry trends.
- Hire, train, and supervise design staff.
- Coordinate resources and with other departments to create a cohesive, effective campaign.
- Establish budgets and timelines and delivering the finished campaign within those parameters.
- Troubleshoot design, staff, or process problems as they arise.
- Ensure that all aspects of the campaign align with the needs of the client or company.
- Look for ways to improve design department processes.
Art Director Requirements:
- High level of accountability and motivation.
- Strong Interpersonal, time and project management, presentation, leadership, and communication skills.
- Creativity and ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Receptiveness to feedback and adaptability.
- Willingness to travel and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, or related field.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and graphic design software.
- Experience in graphic design with a supporting portfolio, more education, or industry-specific knowledge may be required.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template