Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Buyer Job Description
Assistant buyers support the buyer or manager with all procurement-related tasks such as selecting the right product mix, managing purchase orders, monitoring inventory, preparing budgets and providing administrative support. Assistant Buyers work closely with vendors and keep track of market trends.
We are hiring for an Assistant Buyer to help with our purchasing department in the selection and procurement of products. Working as an Assistant Buyer your responsibilities include maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
To excel as an Assistant Buyer, you should be confident, highly organised and an excellent communicator. Outstanding Assistant Buyers have an analytical mind and great negotiating skills.
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
- Assist the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Write, place and track purchase orders.
- Ensure products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Negotiate with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Research new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Prepare competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Plan, monitor and maintain suitable inventory levels.
- Prepare budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compile reports on product performance and statistics.
Assistant Buyer Requirements:
- Previous experience in the merchandising or retail industry is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Degree in business, economics, marketing or related field preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template