Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Director of Nursing Job Description
An Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for the nursing team and quality of patient service in the absence of the Director of Nursing. The Assistant Director of Nursing will supervise, analyse, delegate and evaluate nursing activities to ensure patient comfort and care.
We are hiring for an Assistant Director of Nursing who will assist in ensuring the nursing department provides consistent, attentive, and efficient care to patients. The Assistant Director of Nursing will be responsible for monitoring nursing staff, nursing activities and patient care, as well as ensuring nursing activities are in compliance with federal, state, and local standards.
A successful Assistant Director of Nursing will be responsible, attentive, knowledgeable and provides high quality care to patients.
Assistant Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Help to hire, train, teach, and monitor nurses.
- Manage clinical operations and developing care plans.
- Prepare the daily schedule and planning shifts.
- Ensure nursing staff follows departmental procedures and policies.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management.
- Conduct patient rounds and addressing complaints.
- Evaluate the performance of the department and recommending improvements.
- Schedule staff meetings for patient updates, issues, and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local standards.
- Keeping patient and employee records updated and accurate.
Assistant Director of Nursing Requirements:
- Previous experience in Nursing.
- Good critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills.
- Good planning and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computers and healthcare software.
- The ability to work under stressful conditions.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?