Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Job Description
We are recruiting for a hard-working Assistant to be responsible for administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficiency and smooth running in our offices. As Assistant you will provide reliable support to managers, staff, and office visitors, handles basic office tasks and monitors office operations to increase efficiency, quality, and lower costs.
To succeed as an Assistant you must be dedicated, hard-working, and has strong attention to detail. You should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Great and direct visitors, answer questions and respond to complaints and requests.
- Make arrangements for meetings and travel.
- Perform basic office tasks, such as data entry, answering phones, taking messages, sorting mail, maintaining and updating filing, operating office machines, and arranging equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Plan and prepare for office events, such as meetings, conferences, and promotional activities.
- Order and distribute office supplies.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors, clients, and coworkers.
- Review and update office procedures to reduce errors and costs.
- Follow and enforce relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
- A working knowledge of and experience with administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- A good proficiency with computers.
- Familiarity with office equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template