Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Production Manager Job Description
Assistant Production Managers are responsible for the planning and execution of production processes. They monitor standards and costs and provide administrative support. Their duties include procuring raw materials and equipment, appointing labourer and liaising with other departments.
We are actively recruiting for an energetic, proactive Assistant Production Manager to streamline production under the supervision of our Production Manager. Working as an Assistant Production Manager, your duties will include assigning materials, equipment, and human resources to the production department, and overseeing quality control and costs. You may be requested to prepare production schedules.
To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate exceptional planning abilities, which would ultimately translate to high production rates. Superior Assistant Production Managers are excellent negotiators who act decisively when solving production issues.
Assistant Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Report to the Production Manager.
- Assist the Production Manager with administrative tasks like production schedules and timesheets.
- Appoint labour and purchasing stock toward the smooth running of the production process.
- Prepare cost estimates for materials, equipment, and hiring laborers.
- Oversee quality control throughout the production process.
- Ensure that production is completed before deadlines.
- Procure and monitoring the efficiency of production equipment.
- Update the Production Manager on the status of projects.
- Liaise and coordinating production with other departments.
- Resolve labour disputes, where requested.
Assistant Production Manager Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a related industry preferred.
- Ability to confidently and proactively supervise production teams.
- Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns.
- Knowledge of procuring materials, equipment, and labor needed throughout the production process.
- Proficiency in quality control, managing budgets, and production costing.
- Competence with computer-based administration, record-keeping, and procurement systems.
- Ability to work independently under the Production Manager, and as part of a production team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills toward managing human resources and liaizing with other departments.
- Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree, with course work in Production Management, Operations Management, or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template