Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
Assistant Restaurant Managers oversee and support the operations at dining establishments to ensure profitability and an enjoyable dining experience.
We are actively recruiting for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to supervise operations at our restaurant. As the Assistant Restaurant Manager, your duties will include scheduling shifts, balancing cash registers, and overseeing payroll. You should also address customers’ complaints and queries in a swift, courteous manner.
To be successful as an Assistant Restaurant Manager, you should implement measures to minimise costs and improve profitability. An outstanding Assistant Restaurant Manager will contribute to the professional development of staff.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the restaurant.
- Scheduling shifts and assigning tables to waitstaff.
- Appointing, inducting, and mentoring new staff members.
- Resolving customers’ questions and grievances in a professional manner.
- Conducting payroll activities in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensuring that the restaurant adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations.
- Purchasing new ingredients, kitchen utensils, and equipment as stock is damaged or depleted.
- Sourcing better deals on all resources and equipment that warrant replacing or replenishing.
- Recording all income and expenses and ensuring that cash registers are balanced.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- Past supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant.
- Prior experience using payroll software.
- Intermediate accounting and arithmetic skills.
- Strong leadership skills with an affinity for capacity development.
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities.
- Innovative, trustworthy, and impartial.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template