Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Site Manager Job Description
Assistant Site Managers report to site managers and their duties include providing onsite assistance to complete construction projects on time and within budget. They monitor the availability and costs of materials and equipment and relay instructions to construction labourers.
We are recruiting for an educated and enthusiastic Assistant Site Manager to join our construction team. As an Assistant Site Manager, you will report to our Site Manager. Your duties will include negotiating subcontractor agreements, ensuring that project deadlines are met, and relaying important instructions to the construction team.
To succeed you should have extensive experience in managing construction project resources and budgets under the supervision of senior site managers. Outstanding Assistant Site Managers are proactive in avoiding construction delays and unnecessary expenses.
Assistant Site Manager Responsibilities:
- Report to the Site Manager
- Monitor labour, building material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses.
- Ensure that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met.
- Supervise on-site construction work and relaying instructions from senior project managers.
- Report any concerns that might negatively impact the projected cost and time estimates.
- Procure materials, labour and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks.
- Collaborate with other construction project stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that construction industry safety regulations are followed.
Assistant Site Manager Requirements:
- 2-5 years’ experience in assisting Site Managers with construction projects.
- Exceptional ability to monitor construction project budgets and deadlines.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and electronic project management systems, such as Buildertrend and Procore.
- Experience in relaying detailed instructions to onsite construction teams.
- Advanced negotiation skills to procure cost-effective subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other construction project stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of construction industry safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Project Management, or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template