1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Auto Body Technician Job Description
Auto Body Technicians repair, replace and do other alterations to the exteriors of vehicles. Auto Body Technicians usually work at garages.
We are looking for a highly skilled, dexterous Auto Body Technician to join our team. Working as our Auto Body Technician your responsibilities include liaising with customers to ascertain their needs, performing restorations and modifications, and observing safety regulations. You should provide a pleasant, efficient service to customers throughout this process.
To deliver success as an Auto Body Technician, you should be able to operate all relevant equipment with ease. Suitable Auto Body Technician will recommend additional services that may be valuable to customers.
Auto Body Technician Responsibilities:
- Liaise with to customers to gauge what work ought to be done.
- Perform diagnostic assessments to ensure that all issues have been detected, and that the customer is willing to have these remedied.
- Wear safety gear and conducting work in a safe manner.
- Perform cost estimations and clearing these with customers before proceeding with work.
- Restore vehicles to their original condition, or better, by repairing, replacing, and upgrading features of their exterior.
- Customise vehicles according to customers’ preferences, as requested.
- Ensure that each vehicle is roadworthy upon completion of the job.
- Return vehicles to their owners.
- Check to see that issues have been resolved to customers’ satisfaction.
Auto Body Technician Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety guidelines.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Physically fit with exceptional manual dexterity.
- Observant and meticulous.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.