1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Auto Mechanic Job Description
Auto Mechanics diagnose, repair, and help prevent problems with vehicle performance and ensure that vehicles operate in a safe, reliable manner. They are also known as Mechanics or Automotive Technicians.
We are searching for an Auto Mechanic to help our clients resolve issues with vehicle performance and appearance. The Auto Mechanic will liaise with clients about the performance and history of their vehicles, inspect mechanical and electronic components, diagnose issues, and discuss possible resolutions with clients. You will be required to also maintain shop equipment and generate estimates and timelines for repairs.
To excel as an Auto Mechanic, you should be focused on providing high quality service to clients as you help them identify, repair, and avert issues that may affect the performance or longevity of their vehicles. We insist that you are thorough, reliable, honest, logical, and motivated.
Auto Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Listen to clients to learn more about vehicle history, potential problems, and the services they would like to receive.
- Work with the manager and other mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical components of vehicles.
- Perform test drivers, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exists and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Complete preventative maintenance on vehicles, such as performing oil changes, flushing and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes.
- Repair damage to the body of the vehicle and washing and painting the vehicle’s exterior.
- Generate timelines and estimates for repairs and discussing options with clients.
- Inspect internal systems and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
- Maintain accurate records relating to clients, their vehicles, parts, and service history.
- Use shop equipment as instructed, performing regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Engage in learning opportunities to update job knowledge and technical skills.
Auto Mechanic Requirements:
- Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
- Proficiency with hand tools and other equipment.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and reliable with a strong work ethic.