Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Bailiff Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Bailiff to join our county court. Your main responsibility is to ensure the safety of staff, judges, and visitors to the court. Duties include preparing the courtroom for the sessions, screening everyone who enters the courtroom with a metal detector, assisting the judge as required, taking charge of jury deliberations, and maintaining the order of the courtroom. Outside of the courtroom, you will serve civil or criminal documents to the public and help process courtroom paperwork.
- Prepare courtroom for proceedings
- Screen visitors and anyone else who enters the courtroom with a metal detector
- Assist the judge when necessary
- Take charge of the jury during deliberations
- Answer questions from the jury to ensure they follow the instructions of the judge
- Maintain order in the courtroom
- Serve civil and criminal documents
- Help process court paperwork
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of relevant training
- Ability to analyse scenes and act quickly to diffuse tense situations
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation
- Must pass a background check and drug test
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?