Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Bakery Assistant Job Description
Bakery Assistants assist bakers and pastry chefs by serving customers at counters where baked goods are sold. Their responsibilities include greeting customers, providing advice, taking orders, and packaging baked goods.
We would love to recruit a highly personable and enthusiastic Bakery Assistant to assist us at our baked goods counter. As our Bakery Assistant your duties will include selling our baked goods to customers, managing baked goods and ingredient inventories.
To excel working as a Bakery Assistants you should exhibit experience in serving customers in a retail setting and a customer-oriented approach. Suitable candidates are highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
Bakery Assistant Responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming and positive customer experience at the bakery counter.
- Advise customers on baked goods selection and taking orders.
- Weigh, pricing, and packaging purchased items, as well as processing payments.
- Manage the baking ingredients inventory and requesting the purchase of stock.
- Track ingredient expiry dates and arranging their use accordingly.
- Monitor the visual appeal and the availability of baked goods on display.
- Report low baked goods stock to the Baker in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and tidy baked goods counter and performing other duties on request.
- Clean the kitchen after business hours and preparing it for the next day.
- Manage customer complaints and relaying them to the Baker.
Bakery Assistant Requirements:
- Prior experience in serving customers in a bakery environment preferred.
- Proficiency in weighing, pricing, packaging, and processing payments of baked goods.
- Ability to manage ingredient inventories and to track expiry dates.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to create visually appealing displays of baked goods.
- Knowledge of food and health industry regulations.
- Advanced ability to multitask and follow instructions given by bakers.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Vocational training or baking coursework would be advantageous.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?