1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Banker Job Description
Bankers interact with clients and assist with services such as setting up checking and savings accounts, authorising loans and moving money. They also consult with clients on banking products and services.
We are recruiting for a client-focussed Banker to join our team. Your responsibilities will include working closely with clients to determine their banking needs, including discussing their financial requirements and providing financial advice, when necessary.
To be succeed you must be able to communicate effectively to serve and assist a variety of clients and you must be able to resolve issues quickly and successfully, in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Manage client bank accounts, including opening and closing accounts, and overseeing transactions.
- Process deposits, payments, and withdrawals.
- Sign new clients and help them through the onboarding process.
- Authorise and evaluate overdrafts and loans.
- Handle other transactions, such as writing cashier checks or money orders, when necessary.
- Recommend and explain banking services and products to clients based on their needs.
- Present and cross-sell banking services and products to existing and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with other banking professionals to ensure high-quality client service.
- Resolve client queries and complaints.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties, such as data entry and filing, when necessary.
- Sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of retail banking practices, rules, and regulations.
- Detailed understanding of banking services and products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access), banking databases, and relevant software programs.
- Superb numerical skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent communication, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field.