Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Bar Manager Job Description
Bar Managers manage their bars efficiently by handling daily operations, managing resources and employees and creating a safe, fun environment for staff and patrons.
We are actively looking for a committed, proactive Bar Manager with lots of energy who enjoys working in an exciting, fast-paced environment. As Bar Manager you will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximise customer satisfaction. We also expect someone who should be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
To excel as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Hire and train staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Create effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Set and enforce quality and safety controls.
- Ensure licences are updated.
- Work with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Plan and take part in promotional events.
- Diffuse tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintain a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
Bar Manager Requirements:
- Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximise resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template