Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Barber Job Description
Barbers are also known as hairdressers and they provide various hairdressing services to primarily male clientele. They cut, trim, style and colour hair, as well as provide facial hair grooming and massages.
We are recruiting for a dedicated Barber to consult with clients and ensure that all their hair-related needs are taken care of. Working as a Barber your responsibilities will include cutting, trimming, styling, and colouring client’s hair according to their instructions, fitting and grooming hairpieces and settling payments. You should also be able to provide hairstyle suggestions and general advice to clients.
Suitable Barbers should be able to provide quality facial hair grooming services to clients. Ultimately, a great Barber should keep abreast of new and emerging hairstyles and trends.
- Welcome clients and consulting with them on their desired hairstyles.
- Cut and trim hair according to clients’ instructions.
- Style hair using chemical solutions and styling tools.
- Shave, trim and shaping clients’ beards and moustaches.
- Wash and conditioning clients’ hair.
- Provide hair treatments and colouring.
- Ensure that combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Supervise apprentices and trainees.
- Provide face, scalp and neck massages.
- Provide hairstyle suggestions to clients.
- Sound knowledge of current hairstyles and trends.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?