Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Behaviour Technician Job Description
Behaviour Technicians work with doctors, nurses and other health professionals to provide care to patients suffering from a variety of behavioural conditions. They implement treatment plans and work with patients at hospitals, schools, mental health facilities or patients’ homes.
We are sourcing a behavioural technician to join our team. Behaviour technicians are responsible for assisting behaviour analysts to implement behaviour reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans. Suitable candidates will assist patients with day to day activities, monitor their behaviour, record and collect data on patients’ progress and communicate with clients. Other duties will include clerical and administrative duties.
To succeed in this job, you must display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in your work. It is essential that you have excellent communication and time management skills and that you are able to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors and colleagues.
Behaviour Technician Responsibilities
- Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one or group therapy setting to implement skill acquisition and behaviour reduction treatments as directed by the supervisor.
- Collect and record data on patient behaviour.
- Collaborate, communicate and assist with the training of clients, parents and staff.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and family.
- Carry out clinical assessments and other administrative duties.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
Behaviour Technician Requirements
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and carry patients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- May need to work shifts.
- Computer skills.
- Certificate, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a behavioural health or related field.
- Additional certification may be required.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.