Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Biologist Job Description
We are recruiting for a skilled Biologist to join our team in conducting research, performing experiments, and gaining a better understanding of the organisms we observe. The Biologist will assist with field research by taking measures, collecting samples, performing tests, and analysing results to learn more about organisms, their composition, and dietary habits, as well as how they behave, communicate, reproduce, and relate to their environment. You should be familiar with biology, chemistry, research techniques, and laboratory procedures and equipment.
To succeed you should have strong research skills and you will be collaborative, knowledgeable, analytical, observant, and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Researching, identifying, classifying, and studying plants, animals, and ecosystems to expand our understanding of how they operate and relate to each other and the things around them.
- Collecting samples, taking measurements, photographing, or sketching organisms, and obtaining other information that may lead to discoveries about organisms or ecosystems.
- Observing organisms to learn more about their diets, behaviour, and impact on their surroundings.
- Maintaining thorough, accurate records relating to research or observations.
- Tagging and tracking animals to learn about their movements, relocating animals to wildlife preserves.
- Preparing reports, lecturing students, and presenting findings, discussing the potential environmental impact of invasive species, pest control methods, and other actions or events.
- Leading research groups, ensuring the proper distribution of tasks and resources.
- Writing papers about findings and proposals for projects or funding.
- Familiarity with specific organisms, conditions, or scientific processes may be required.
- Strong understanding of biology, chemistry, and laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Willingness to travel to locations to conduct research.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially scientific databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template