Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Board Member Job Description
Board Members are the governing body of an organisation. They are committed to the long-term interests of the organisation and meet regularly to oversee and direct business operations. They set policies, approve business decisions, evaluate executive performances and fulfil fiduciary responsibilities.
We are recruiting for Board Member to serve on our organisation’s governing body. The Board Member’s responsibilities will include advising on strategic plans, participating in evaluations and monitoring its financial affairs. We expect you to also prepare for board meetings, attend them regularly and actively participate in them.
To succeed as a Board Member, you should have significant professional leadership experience and strong diplomatic skills. An outstanding Board Member will be passionately committed to the organisation’s mission.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Know the organisation’s mission, programs, policies, and needs.
- Prepare for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
- Regularly attending board meetings and participating actively and conscientiously.
- Keep up with issues and trends that affect the organisation.
- Participate in the evaluation of business operations and executives.
- Approve audit reports, budgets and business decisions.
- Contribute to the development of policies and strategic plans.
- Understand the organisation’s financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met.
- Ensure the organisation complies with legal requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality on all internal organisational affairs.
Board Member Requirements:
- Proven track record in an executive leadership role.
- Previous board experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the organisation and the relevant industry.
- Sufficient time availability for board duties.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template