Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Bookbinder Job Description
Bookbinders are responsible for finishing and binding books, magazines, brochures, and calendars. Once the product comes off the printer, Bookbinders cut, assemble, glue and stitch the papers together according to desired specifications.
We are hiring a skilled Bookbinder to join our company. As a Bookbinder, you will be responsible for cutting and assembling printed components to form finished book products. You may also be required to stamp covers and pack books into shipment boxes.
To deliver success as a Bookbinder, you should have excellent fine-motor skills, a talent for artistic design and a keen eye for detail. To excel as a Bookbinder you should be able to expertly translate the ideas of the book designer into an attractive and functional product.
- Meet with the book designers to discuss final product specifications.
- Cut papers to size using hand and machine cutting tools.
- Glue and stitching components into the cover using manually operated machines.
- Attach endpapers to the body of the book.
- Trim book edges to size.
- Apply colour to signatures and edges.
- Cut and attaching outside cover material to the board cover.
- Glue outside endpapers to the final cover.
- Place finished books into the press until drying is complete.
- Weigh and stack books for shipment.
- Previous work experience as a Bookbinder.
- Creative design skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent fine-motor skills.
- Detailed knowledge of book composition materials.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Ability to operate presses and manipulating tools.
- Ability to work to a strict deadline.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?