Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Building Surveyor Job Description
Building Surveyors support clients with professional advice on property and construction projects. They advise on factors affecting buildings such as building defects, alteration costs, extensions, renovations, and the design of new buildings. They also ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
We are recruiting for a skilled Building Surveyor to support clients on property construction and design. You will be required to meet with clients to discuss possible construction designs, advise on material requirements, inspect buildings for defects, advise on renovation costs, sustainability, energy consumption, and the preservation of historic buildings. You will also be expected to carry out feasibility studies, deal with planning applications, and monitor construction quality.
To succeed as a Building Surveyor, you should have extensive experience in building design and construction, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to project manage. A high-performing Building Surveyor should be able to quickly assess the state of a building and advise on construction costs, adaptive designs, historic value, and energy efficiency.
Building Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss project ideas and construction requirements.
- Inspect existing buildings for flaws and defects.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Draft scheme designs, cost analysis documents, timelines, and specification for works.
- Advise on health and safety aspects of construction.
- Advise on boundary and wall placement.
- Advise on environmental impact, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
- Advise on contractors and organizing documents for tender.
- Dealing with planning applications.
- Prepare insurance assessments.
- Ensure the construction is completed on time and on budget.
Building Surveyor Requirements:
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate simple ideas into architectural concepts.
- Ability to travel.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Proficient with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Surveying or Engineering.
- High-level knowledge of geography, mathematics, land studies, and economics.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.