1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Business Development Director Job Description
Business Development Directors help companies to increase sales and profitability by identifying business opportunities, growing and enhancing a company’s presence on the market and building relationships with customers, vendors, and distributors.
We are recruiting for a driven Business Development Director to assist the company to increase profitability. Working as Business Development Director your responsibilities will include building and strengthening internal and external relationships, managing customer relations and implementing strategies designed to increase revenue and acquire new business opportunities. You should also be able to collaborate with the marketing team to develop innovative marketing strategies.
To perform well as a Business Development Director, you must be able to perform detailed market research and analysis. Suitable Business Development Directors should be able to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
Business Development Director Responsibilities:
- Build and maintaining relationships with both internal and external sales and marketing departments, vendors, distributors, and customers.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for the company.
- Research new markets and emerging market trends.
- Develop new partnerships.
- Formulate and implement an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained.
- Present market research to the marketing department and recommending strategies to improve market research.
- Collect information in order to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Continually learning about the company’s products.
Business Development Director Requirements:
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, business development, and management.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.