Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Business Development Officer Job Description
Business Development Officers are employed by companies to develop and execute strategies to increase company sales and profits. They identify profitable business opportunities, secure business wins and sometimes lead teams.
We are hiring a driven Business Development Officer to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies to increase company sales. As Business Development Officer your responsibilities will include identifying company products and services that are underperforming, developing an in-depth knowledge of company offerings, pricing, and policies, and improving existing sales proposals.
To succeed as a Business Development Officer, you should be adept at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit the company. Ultimately, an exceptional Business Development Officer should have strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
Business Development Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with company stakeholders and customers.
- Analyse customer feedback data to determine whether customers are satisfied with company products and services.
- Recruit, train and guide business development staff.
- Provide insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analyse financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meet with potential investors to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
Business Development Officer Requirements:
- Some experience working as a Business Development Officer or similar role.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Travel as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template