Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Carpenter Job Description
Our company is looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our construction and maintenance team. You will install floors, ceilings, window frames, door frames, doors, and interior and exterior trims in this role. You will be responsible for accurately following plans and blueprints, ensuring accuracy and reducing waste, meeting safety standards, building cabinets and framework, moving materials between job sites, and inspecting your work. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in residential or commercial carpentry, in-depth knowledge of safe working practices, and an ability to read building plans, sketches, and diagrams.
- Reading blueprints and sketches to understand specifications and requirements
- Cutting, shaping, assembling, and sanding doors, frames, and cabinets
- Laying out flooring
- Taking measurements and making size and quantity calculations
- Communicating with other construction professionals
- Working without supervision, following safety guidelines
- Three years of experience in residential or commercial carpentry
- Ability to understand blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge of construction health and safety
- Proficiency in using manual and electrical tools and equipment
- Good maths skills
- Excellent hands-on experience with all carpentry techniques
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Accounting Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Bar And Restaurant Job Descriptions
- Civil Service Job Descriptions