Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Chief Operating Officer Job Description
As the Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will oversee the organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures. The COO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations. You will be responsible for the overall efficiency of the business, including maintaining control of diverse business operations and establishing and ensuring compliance with a set of policies and processes.
The Chief Operating Officer leads employees and encourages maximum performance and dedication. This is a high-visibility position, requiring strong communication skills and being called upon to positively represent the organisation in the community and in the media. You will maintain the highest level of integrity and lead by example in all areas.
Chief Operating Officer Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management
- Responsible for driving company success to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Dedication to building and growing a solid and stable workforce
- Ability to present the company and its products publicly
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities, including the ability to recognise and cultivate rising talent
- Collaborate with the leadership team and staff to implement plans for operational infrastructure
Chief Operating Officer Requirements
- Experience as a Chief Operating Officer or a similar role
- Understanding of data analysis and performance metrics
- High-level understanding of all business functions
- Demonstrable competency in business planning and development
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?