Our Clinical Research Associate job description includes the Clinical Research Associate responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
Clinical Research Associate Example
Searching for Clinical Research Associate job description examples and samples? Here is the job description of a Clinical Research Associate://= do_shortcode('[geturl]'); ?> //=do_shortcode('[job_title_from_job_description]');?>
What does a Clinical Research Associate do?
Clinical research associates manage clinical trials and studies pertaining to biotechnological and pharmaceutical products, drugs, and procedures. A clinical research associate, also known as a CRA, conducts research to ensure these products are safe to allow on the market.
Clinical Research Associate Role
We are looking for an proactive and ambitious Clinical Research Associate to join our growing company. The ideal individual will be passionate about making charts, collecting data, and working at the cutting-edge of scientific breakthroughs. Your responsibilities will include coordinating clinical research projects. You will oversee the research team and ensure objectives are met, and the proper protocols are followed.
Clinical Research Associate Duties
- Direct and plan clinical research projects and trials
- Supervise employees undertaking clinical research
- Provide team training and highlight professional development opportunities
- Recruit study participants, and obtain and document participant’s informed consent
- Monitor the ongoing research to maintain compliance with government regulations and scientific protocols
- Collaborate with ethics committees, ensuring research activities adhere to the highest standards
- Design protocols for clinical research trials
- Screen potential trial participants thru interviews, medical records reviews, and follow-ups with nurses and doctors
- Maintain accurate records of research activity, including case reports, informed regulatory forms, consent forms, and drug dispensation records
- Verify data, compile findings, and present results
- Seek out opportunities for continued education
Clinical Research Associate Requirements
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Administrator
- Clinical Programme Coordinator
- Clinical Programme Manager
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to perform complex tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent deductive reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management
- Able to prioritise tasks and achieve set goals efficiently
How to write a Clinical Research Associate Job Description
To write a job description, we recommend starting with a job description template from our job description library, which contains examples for 800+ positions and professions. Our job description examples include a job summary with duties and responsibilities and skills and requirements, which can be personalised for your job vacancy.
How to write a Clinical Research Associate Job Advert
Use our job advert template to write a job advert for posting on job sites and job boards. Our job advertising templates are carefully created to help you reach your audience and beat the competition to the best talent.
Job Description Advice - Guidance on How to Personalise a Clinical Research Associate Job Specification
The hiring process and recruiting new employees to fill your key roles requires a degree of personalisation if you are to attract the best employees in a competitive employment market. The right person for a crucial role or more senior roles will likely have other employers targeting them. As your job description will be the first point of contact, you need to nail your pitch and provide the best possible service.
Job Description Tips - Help on formatting a Clinical Research Associate Job Specification
When creating your bespoke description and advert, you should cover and promote these points:
Job title: This should accurately reflect the role and include keywords that top talent might be using to search for jobs.
Job duties: The day to day duties, such as administrative tasks, which vary depending on the company and inform the candidate if they can complete the role.
Technical skills: These are the hard skills required through training, such as proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Soft skills: These include the interpersonal skills and general abilities the right candidates will possess. For example, the competency to prioritise multiple tasks, handle customer queries and customer complaints, work alone, or build a good relationship with coworkers.
The company's culture: Highlighting your company culture and values ensures employees thrive and find outstanding job satisfaction. Candidates that are not the right fit won’t waste their time completing the application process, meaning you can focus on qualified individuals and hire in a more timely manner.
Career progression: Including the career path will entice candidates looking for career growth.
Training and development programs: Smaller companies may need employees with previous experience or provide educational assistance over internal training offered by larger organisations with more significant resources.
Employee benefits: Compensation and benefits often fail to appear in job ads and while you may want to hold your cards close to your chest, failing to include them is a mistake. Consider answering common questions, such as working hours and paid leave. Researching the average salary for the role in these early stages will ensure you don’t waste your interviewer’s and the candidate’s time.
Skill gaps: Your company may need to bring in new skills beyond those required to complete the key role and duties. Thinking on an organisational level can be beneficial when contemplating skills diversity.
Legal requirements: Ensure your job advert and description does not ask for inappropriate or discriminatory personal details, such as age, marital status, or religion.
How to Hire a Clinical Research Associate
Once you have selected your Job Description download it or convert it to a Job Advert. From here you can post/advertise your job across our network of job boards. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV