Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Communications Specialist Job Description
We are recruiting for a Communications Specialist with exceptional public speaking and writing skills. We require this person to be a strategic thinker with a great attention to detail who works well under pressure and meets.
You will be expected to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To succeed as a Communications Specialists you should be innovative, organised and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with external role-players.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
Communications Specialist Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in communications strategy development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field (essential).
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?