1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Concrete Finisher Job Description
We are recruiting for an experienced Concrete Finisher who can expertly pour, level and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including roads, sidewalks, curbs, and floors. You may also be required to set the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joints and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish.
To succeed as a Concrete Finisher, you will be familiar with the latest concrete pouring technology. We are looking for someone who can work shifts if necessary, over weekends, and at night. You should be physically fit and be able to stand for long periods of time, work on your knees, lift heavy materials, and work outdoors in high heat and cold weather.
Concrete Finisher Responsibilities:
- Set forms that hold concrete in place.
- Clean and inspect surfaces for pouring issues.
- Direct the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
- Pour, smooth and level concrete.
- Monitor the effects of the weather on the curing process.
- Apply sealing and hardening components.
- Safely operating power vibrator to ensure concrete is compacted.
- Moulding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
- Polishing surface using a power surfacing machine.
Concrete Finisher Requirements:
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift heavy materials and work long hours.
- Ability to kneel for long periods.
- Knowledge of hand-held and power tools including power vibrators, polishers, cutting saws, and edging tools.
- Able to work shifts, at night and on public holidays as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as a concrete labourer or mason.