1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Construction Estimator Job Description
We are recruiting for a detail-oriented Construction Estimator to advise on the foreseeable cost of each of our major developments. To this end, the Construction Estimator should obtain all relevant project specifications, determine the most appropriate building materials, and secure favourable prices on all resources. You should also inspect trends in construction to determine whether your estimates are both reasonable and competitive.
To succeed as a Construction Estimator, you should be able to translate project requirements into concrete figures with ease. A top-notch Construction Estimator will adhere to financial constraints without compromising on our high standards.
Construction Estimator Responsibilities:
- Collect all pertinent documents including property plans, technical drawings, and project specifications.
- Study documentation meet with clients, and inspect the construction site to fully understand what work is required.
- Decide on the most appropriate human and material resources for each project.
- Obtain multiple quotes for each of these and then selecting the most suitable offers.
- Negotiate with service providers to secure better prices.
- Outline the work plan to gauge how much time will be needed to complete each development.
- Perform risk assessments to account for potential deviations from the project plan.
- Account for the use of our resources, plus a reasonable profit margin to calculate an overarching price.
- Draft proposals that detail envisaged materials, costs, and time frames.
- Meet with clients to discuss their thoughts and concerns about our offers.
Construction Estimator Requirements:
- Experience as a Construction Estimator.
- Ability to forecast the cost of high-ticket, involved building developments.
- Knowledge of relevant technical and non-technical documents.
- Exceptional quantitative skills.
- Outstanding research and proposal writing skills.
- Ability to negotiate with seasoned Sales personnel.
- Dependable, conscientious, and well-spoken.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, or similar.
- Qualification in Project Management is highly advantageous.