1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Construction Superintendent Job Description
We are recruiting for a Construction Superintendent to oversee our construction project and to act as the link between various project parties. The Construction Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for orderliness on site and ensure compliance with safety regulations. You will ensure quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are available on site at all times. You will liaise with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
To succeed you should complete projects on time and within budget, and never compromise on quality. Top candidates will be strong leaders, pro-active and perform well under pressure.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the on-site construction team.
- Coordinate and oversee all work on site.
- Attend production meetings.
- Review and beg familiar with the schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to these.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Place orders for materials and be responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Follow the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitor and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness, and orderliness.
- Maintain records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders and RFIs.
- Liaise with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
Construction Superintendent Requirements:
- 5+ years experience as a Construction Superintendent.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills.