Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Contractor Job Description
We are recruiting for a Contractor who needs to be experienced and reliable. Contractors can expect to negotiate with subcontractors on behalf of clients, apply for building permits, dispose of and recycle waste, manage personnel and other resources, visit sites and maintain records. They should have a working knowledge of masonry, carpentry, framing and plumbing, excellent communication skills, and an openness to learning.
To succeed as contractor you must be curious, self-aware and passionate about the work. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills, above average computer literacy, a drive to keep up with trends, and a calm and optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Hire specialised subcontractors if necessary.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed on site at all times.
- Advise clients.
- Make sure the sites are secure.
- Manage work teams, materials, and equipment.
- Inspect the quality of work done by employed workers and subcontractors.
- Keep accurate financial records.
- Apply for building permits and licenses.
- Monitor schedules.
- At least 5 years’ experience in construction.
- Relevant license and bonds.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Project Management courses would be beneficial.
- Experience using project management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science, building science, surveying, or construction safety.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template