Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Controller Job Description
We are recruiting for an experienced Controller who will be responsible for the accurate and timely financial management of the organisation. The successful applicant will be responsible for accounting operations, production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of accounting records.
- Coordinating and directing budgeting, procurement, investment activities and financial planning.
- Developing internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Establishing and maintaining financial controls with the accounting department.
- Creating budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and risk analysis.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Providing support to management, particularly in commercial and financial matters.
- Create reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Being responsible for the company general ledger.
- Proven work experience in accounting or a related field.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organisation and priority setting skills.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of federal regulation on taxes and reporting.
- Deep understanding of finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template