Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Cost Accountant Job Description
We are recruiting for a Cost Accountant who must have excellent organisational and analytical skills. We expected you to be detailed oriented, have great knowledgeable on statistics, strong problem-solving skills and be able to work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To succeed in this position, we require you to be confident, professional and thorough, with a keen interest in cost-efficient operations of the organisation. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report-writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Cost Accountant Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents and records of the organisation.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Analyse and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Analyse data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyse any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyse manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program.
Cost Accountants Requirements:
- 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience.
- Sound understanding of Accounting principles.
- Solid cost systems background.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication and IT skills.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field (essential).
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template