Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Cost Estimator Job Description
We are recruiting for an experienced Cost Estimator to provide cost analysis services for our clients. As Cost Estimator, you will be required to consult with clients and visit job sites, collect and analyse data, and provide accurate estimates of project costs including labour, production time and materials.
To succeed you should have in-depth knowledge of construction and mechanical processes, a good eye for detail and advanced mathematical skills. A high performing Cost Estimator can accurately estimate all costs involved.
Cost Estimator Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss the scope and scale of the project.
- Travel to job sites to gather information on materials, labour, and other factors.
- Work with engineers, contractors, and architects.
- Consult with industry experts to discuss cost estimates.
- Identify and quantify all cost factors involved in the project.
- Use computer software to calculate cost estimates.
- Prepare and present cost reports for clients.
- Review expenditure statements during all phases of the project.
Cost Estimator Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Cost Estimator.
- Advanced knowledge of construction and engineering processes.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Proficient with computer estimation software.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template