1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Curator Job Description
We are recruiting for a Curator to help us expand and display our collection. You will negotiate purchases and loans to expand our collection, collect and record information about artefacts and pieces, and work with colleagues and other staff members to create attractive displays. We expect you to be a skilled communicator and manager with excellent design instincts.
To succeed as a Curator, you should be detail-oriented, organised, and focused on cultivating a robust collection of pieces. You should have strong project and resource management skills and an understanding of the type of pieces we collect.
- Acquire, researching, and recording information about acquisitions.
- Design displays and exhibits.
- Ensure that pieces not displayed are stored properly.
- Negotiate purchases and loans.
- Raise funds and obtaining grants to expand collection, update facilities, or support research efforts.
- Update websites to explain new attractions.
- Hire, train, motivate and manage staff members.
- Handle businesses tasks, such as budgets, marketing, and representing the business at public events.
- Experience with museum databases and other applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of collection and fundraising.
- Strong negotiation, resource management, and people skills.
- Eye for detail and strong design instincts.
- Exceptional research and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with other team members to achieve objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.