Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Data Entry Clerk Job Description
We are recruiting for a focused Data Entry Clerk to continuously update our company’s databases. The Data Entry Clerk will liaise with and follow up with employees within the company as well as with customers to collect information. As Data Entry Clerk you will capture the data into relevant databases in a timely and accurate manner. We expect you to identify and correct errors and swiftly bring them to the attention of relevant parties where necessary.
To succeed in this job, you should collect information and capture data promptly to ensure the business’ databases are current to accurately reflect its developments, updates and transactions.
Best suited candidates will be focused, diligent, energetic and have good people’s skills.
Data Entry Clerk Responsibilities:
- Gather invoices, statements, reports, personal details, documents and information from employees, other departments and clients.
- Scan through information to identify pertinent information.
- Correct errors and organizing the information in a manner that will optimize swift and accurate capturing.
- Create accurate spreadsheets.
- Enter and updating information into relevant databases.
- Ensure data is backed up.
- Inform relevant parties regarding errors encountered.
- Store hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval.
- Handle additional duties from time to time.
Data Entry Clerk Requirements:
- 1+ years experience in a relevant field.
- Good command of English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods and perform accurately with adequate speed.
- Touch typing skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template