Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Daycare Worker Job Description
We are looking for a Daycare Worker to care for children. You must be patient, attentive and hardworking. You will assist parents and their company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioural, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socialising in a positive way. We require you to assist with sterilising toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
To succeed a Daycare Worker, you should be thorough and caring with an eye for detail. You should be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position and have a firm understanding of the childhood development process.
Daycare Worker Responsibilities:
- Provide care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Develop and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialisation to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintain a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioural, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Help children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensure children are learning positive behaviours and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Prepare children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keep records relating to child care.
- Work with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioural goals.
Daycare Worker Requirements:
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of immunizations and ability to pass a background check.
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education and experience may be required or preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?