1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Demolition Labourer Job Description
We are recruiting for a Demolition Labourer to safely tear down old or unsound building structures. As a Demolition Labourer your responsibilities include loading and unloading debris and waste onto and off trucks, refilling excavated holes and ditches, as well as building and dismantling scaffolding and temporary structures. You should also establish exclusion zones around job sites to ensure the safety of bystanders and passers-by.
To succeed as a Demolition Labourer, you should be able to safely operate hand and power tools as well as heavy machinery. Suitable candidates should be able to effectively communicate with the demolition team and perform all duties in accordance with demolition safety regulations.
Demolition Labourer Responsibilities:
- Use hand or power tools, heavy machinery and explosives to down old or unsound building structures.
- Direct cars away from demolition job sites.
- Signal heavy equipment operators to ensure that heavy machinery and equipment are correctly positioned.
- Perform maintenance on all tools, machinery, and equipment to ensure that they are in good working order.
- Assess building structures to identify their structural components and determine the most efficient methods to perform demolitions.
- Examine job site surroundings to determine whether the use of explosives may be too dangerous.
- Strip building structures of any valuable or reusable materials, such as pipes, radiators, and steel beams.
- Remove debris, rubble, and hazardous materials from job sites.
Demolition Labourer Requirements:
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- A state-issued blaster’s license is preferred.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools, heavy machinery, and explosives.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.