Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Director of Facilities Job Description
We are recruiting for a Director of Facilities to direct the running of our facilities and create a safe and efficient work environment that improves business performance and optimises staff productivity.
Duties will include directing facilities functions, implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with vendors and contractors, minimising hazards, preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditure, designing and planning workstations, coordinating remodelling and refurbishment initiatives, testing equipment, forecasting space needs, ensuring compliance, coordinating relocations, and negotiating lease agreements.
We expect you to integrated spaces, minimising disruptions to overall business operations, improving working conditions, and creating a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and clients.
To succeed in this position suitable candidates will possess good communication skills, excellent organisational skills, broad knowledge of business functions, and project management experience. The outstanding Director of Facilities must understand the technical aspects of the property, support day to day business operations, ensure efficient operation of facilities, mitigate risk, and ensure that facilities meet the needs of clients and staff.
Director of Facilities Responsibilities:
- Oversee contractors.
- Handle security, cleaning, and catering.
- Provide site support.
- Coordinate routine maintenance and repairs.
- Schedule renovations.
- Manage waste disposal.
- Budget and estimating costs.
- Design and planning facilities layout.
- Train staff on safety procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and laws.
Director of Facilities Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good knowledge of regulations and laws.
- Multitasking abilities.
- Computer literacy.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Be highly organised.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or Property Management.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template