1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Director of Photography Job Description
We are recruiting for creative candidates with experience in camera work and lighting equipment. You will be is responsible for ordering and testing camera and lighting equipment, supervising a camera, and lighting crew and editing a film’s visual elements in post-production, among other duties.
You will need to work alongside a Film Director and help determine narrative elements through visual style.
Director of Photography Responsibilities:
- Develop a film’s visual style.
- Ascertain lighting requirements on set.
- Decide on the best camera angles and frames for scenes.
- Request and test lighting and camera equipment.
- Manage a camera crew and directing camera movement.
- Select the appropriate film stock.
- Determine camera aperture settings.
- Control natural or artificial lighting conditions.
- Liaise with electricians to ensure adequate electrical supply.
- Determine elements such as filters, shutter angles, focus, depth of field and camera distance.
- Edit visual elements in post-production.
Director of Photography Requirements:
- A reel of visual work.
- Creative visual thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good technical camera operating skills.
- Degree in Film, Art or Photography advantageous.