1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Economist Job Description
We are recruiting for a highly analytical Economist. As an Economists you will be responsible for analysing market trends, advising businesses and governments on economic decisions and developing econometric models for forecasting, among other duties.
To succeed as an Economists, you will need to distil complex economic data to non-technical audiences, requiring excellent communicative ability.
- Collect and analysing financial, political, and socioeconomic data.
- Conduct surveys and utilise various sampling techniques.
- Research various fields including politics, healthcare, education, energy, etc.
- Make use of historical data.
- Analyse market trends.
- Advise businesses and governments on economic decisions.
- Consult clients on the efficacy of political policies, products or services.
- Study the economic impact of laws and regulations.
- Develop statistical and econometric models for economic forecasting.
- Communicate data in the form of presentations, technical reports and non-technical reports.
- Contribute to publications or economic journals.
- Partake in think tanks.
- Communicate economic data in accessible ways.
- Experience in an analytical role.
- Quantitative aptitude.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree sufficient for certain entry-level jobs in government.